Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pressing On

I got to thinking today, what do you do when you are loosing your mind, tired from lack of sleep, and have more to do that you can count on a millipedes legs?  Well, I guess you just press on.  Press on through the exhaustion, the laziness, and the to do list.  You press on through the tears, the laughs, and the screaming.

When your kids are screaming, your husband is begging for dinner, and the dog is barking, you just press on.  You press on when there is nothing else to be done.  When all hope seems lost and you just can't find your way?  You press on.

So that got me to thinking, what does it mean to press on?  Well, I guess it means I get myself up, feed the kids, drive to camp, drop off the ones that are leaving, pick up the ones that are coming, pull the coupons and go grocery shopping.  I guess at the end of the day it's not the to do list that really matters.  It really won't matter tomorrow if I finished everything or not.  God's not going to judge me on each check mark, in the end He's going to look and see if I kept going.  If the times I felt like falling down and giving up, if I got up and kept moving.  He's not going to care so much if I show up at the pearly gates with dirt on my face, covered in sweat, and exhausted to the point of falling down.  He's going to care that it mattered enough to me to keep pressing on.  That during those times when the furnace was turned up, the flames were dancing, and the lions were roaring that I held on for just one more day.

So I guess the important part of pressing on is not looking for what I will accomplish in a week, or a month, or even a year.  It is more about keeping going today.  About moving forward today.  It will be about the fact that when all hope seemed lost and I was in the valley, I looked to the mountain top and decided that even if I knew I was going to fall off, I was going to press towards the top.

So today if I do nothing else, I will be pressing on.  I will keep my head held high, and not let those around me see the struggle.  I will keep a smile on my face amist the to do list.  I will keep my attitude positive.  I will be nice to my children, my husband, and even the strangers that would pass me by.  Quietly I will go to God after the day has ended, the kids are to bed, and I've finished the day and let Him know if I accomplished nothing else today I pressed on.  That I did my best and I tried hard.  I may be dirty at the end of the day, but a good shower removes even the toughest dirt.  Although I think He already knows.

And tomorrow?  Well, tomorrow I will press on....

No comments:

Post a Comment